Where is Ujicha grown?
- Regional organization trademark Registered : No. 5050328 Ujicha. Uji tea grown in 4 prefectures, Kyoto, Nara, Shiga and Mie, and is processed in Kyoto by manufactures in Kyoto using the original Uji method. So,Ujicha is only grown in this area.
When was the beginning of Ujicha?
- Ujicha began in the Kamakura period. The monk Myoe from Kozanji in Toganoo encouraged people to cultivate Ujicha. In the Muromachi period, the Ashikaga Shogunate spread the name of Ujicha all over Japan.
What makes Ujicha grow so deliciously?
- It’s very important to have rich soil and pure water in order to grow excellent tea. Where Ujicha is grown, the Uji and Kizu rivers both flow and every year it rains more than 1500mm. Also, the very steep valleys create great temperature differences between day and night, resulting in fog, which prevents frost-the biggest enemy of tea leaf buds-. In addition, the soil has the unique ability to drain the perfect amount of rainwater for growing tea.
What is main ingredients of Green teas?
- Matcha : 10g Tannin / 3.2g Caffeine / 30.6g Protein&Amino acid / 5.3g Fat / 38.5g Carbohydrate / 5.0g Water / 7.4g Mineral
- Gyokuro : 10.0g Tannin / 3.5g Caffeine / 29.1g Protein&Amino acid / 4.1g Fat / 43.9g Carbohydrate / 3.1g Water / 6.3g Mineral
-Sencha : 13.0g Tannin / 2.3g Caffeine / 24.5g Protein&Amino acid / 4.7g Fat / 47.7g Carbohydrate / 2.8g Water / 5.0g Mineral
*(Referred by the STANDARD TABLES OF FOOD COMPOSITION IN JAPAN Fitfh Revised of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. Amount per 100g tea leaves)
What are tea ingredient effects?
-Amino acid : This makes tea delicious. Tea’s L-Theanine content is outstanding. It helps brain nerves to work better.
-Fluorine : The same ingredient you can find in toothpaste. It prevents tooth decay.
-Flavonoid/Minerals : Flavonoid prevents bad breath, and minerals activate your metabolism.
-Caffeine : It is a diuretic and has a refreshing effect.
-Catechin(tannin) : It’s also know as tannin and it creates astringency. It has germicidal properties and also helps the intestines to work better, so it is believed that it may help prevent food poisoning, cancer, and some lifestyle-related diseases.
- Etc. : Moisturizing skin, Anti-aging effects, Enhancing body development, Strengthen digestive organs